NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING - CITY OF PLANTERSVILLE, TEXAS
Mayor – Karen Hale Mayor
Pro Tem – Kimberly Allphin
Secretary – Marilyn Bettes
Alderman –Frank Dean
Alderman -Otis Greenwood Jr.
Alderman -Carolyn Kurten
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of the City of Plantersville, Grimes County, Texas will meet in a Regular Session on Monday, October 24, 2022 at 7:00 pm in Plantersville Town Hall, 11335 Lodge Lane, Plantersville, Texas at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to wit:
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, invocation and pledges
2. Approve minutes: Regular Meeting and Public Hearing September 19, 2022
Public Comments: Any citizen may address the Board on any matter related to the city. Fill out the required form located at the entrance and turn in to the Mayor by 6:55 PM. Speakers will be recognized in the order in which the Mayor receives the required form. Remarks will be limited to 2 minutes each. Public Comments are limited to 20 minutes. Board responses are limited to recitation of existing policy or statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry.
Any deliberation or decision by the Board shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda of a future meeting. Any further discussion is prohibited. Unless specifically
questioned, the public will have no further discourse with the Board. LGC 551.042
Notice: any person(s) causing disruption or using profane, abusive, or threatening language may result in removal from the Meeting.
4. Discuss/consider/approve: payment of invoices and items currently due and payable
5. Discuss/consider/approve: “Treats on a Dirt Street” 2022
6.Discuss/consider/approve: General Land Office Community Development Block Grant Mitigation Model:
CDBG MIT - MOD, Brazos Valley Council of Government (BVCOG)
7. Update: ARPA Allocation
8. Discuss/consider/approve: Ordinance to Amend Rules of Procedure
9. Discuss: requested donation to PSVFD
10. Board update/discussion. Items of community interest (no action may be discussed, except to put on an agenda)
11. Enter Executive Session/closed meeting, if needed. If, during the course of the meeting and discussion of any items covered by this notice, the Board determines that a Closed or Executive Session is required, then such closed meeting will be held as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Sections
551.071 -consultation with counsel on legal matters; 551.072 – deliberation regarding purchase, exchange, lease of real property; 551.073 – deliberation regarding a prospective gift; 551.074 – personnel matters regarding the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; 551.076 – implementation of security personnel or devices; 551.087 – deliberation regarding economic development negotiation; 551.089 deliberation regarding security devices or security audits; and/or other matters as authorized under the Texas Government Code. If a Closed or Executive session is held in accordance with the Texas Government Code as set out above, the Board will reconvene in Open Session in order to take action, if necessary, on the items addressed during Executive Session.
12. Return to open meeting: take action on items discussed in closed session (Section 551.102)
I, Karen Hale, Mayor, do hereby certify that a copy of this Agenda was posted on Plantersville Town
Hall and on the City website at 3:30 pm on October 21, 2022, in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code.
Karen Hale, Mayor