NOTICE REGULAR MEETING - CITY OF PLANTERSVILLE, TEXAS
Mayor – Karen Hale Mayor Pro Tem – Kristina Keyser-Mayton Secretary – Kimberly Allphin
Alderman – Marilyn Bettes Alderman –Frank Dean Alderman--Otis Greenwood Jr.
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of the City of Plantersville, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on Monday, July 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm in Plantersville Town Hall, 11335 Lodge Lane, Plantersville, Texas at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, invocation and pledges
2. Approve minutes from regular meeting of June 10, 2019
3. Public Comments: Any citizen may address the Board of Aldermen on any matter related to the city. Please fill out the required form located on
the kitchen counter and turn in to the Mayor by 6:55 PM. Please limit remarks to two minutes. The Board will receive the information, look into the
matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
4. Discuss/consider/approve: payment of invoices and items currently due and payable
5. Discuss/consider/approve: TxDOT project SH249/FM1774: TxDOT representative(s) from TxDOT and county representative(s) for general discussion and to discuss TxDOT map, website postings and brochure
6. TxDOT SH105/FM1774: Mike Wetuski: comments and information
7. Discuss/consider/approve: TxDOT project at SH105/FM1774: resolution to request lower speed limits-
accidents, unsafe conditions, confusing marking and positioning of barrels, lack of lighted signs
8. Discuss/consider/approve: concerning the safety issues on SH 105 at Dollar General
9. Discuss/consider/approve: letter to TxDOT asking to be recognized as an incorporated city and requesting that they coordinate with city of Plantersville on any future road and bridge projects within the city limits
10. Discuss/consider/approve: ID cards for Board Members
11. Discuss/consider/approve: compensation (or franchise fees) for use of the municipality right-of-way
12. Discuss/consider/approve: short bio on each member to include on our website
13. Discuss/consider/approve: Ethics required training and TML workshops
14. Mayor/Alderman update/discussion. Items of community interest (Announcements concerning items of
community interest for which no action will be discussed or taken.)
15. Enter into Executive Session/closed meeting, if needed. If, during the course of the meeting and discussion of any items
covered by this notice, the Board determines that a Closed or Executive Session is required, then such closed meeting will be held as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Sections 551.071 -consultation with counsel on legal matters; 551.072 – deliberation regarding purchase, exchange, lease of real property; 551.073 – deliberation regarding a prospective gift; 551.074 – personnel matters regarding the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; 551.076 – implementation of security personnel or devices; 551.087 – deliberation regarding economic development negotiation; 551.089 deliberation regarding security devices or security audits; and/or other matters as authorized under the Texas Government Code. If a Closed or Executive session is held in accordance with the Texas Government Code as set out above, the Board will reconvene in Open Session in order to take action, if necessary, on the items addressed during Executive Session.
15. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section 551.102)
I, Karen Hale, Mayor, do hereby certify that a copy of this Agenda was posted on Plantersville Town Hall
at 6:45 PM on July 5, 2019, in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code.
_____________________________________ Karen Hale, Mayor